A On line casino in Enid, Okay???.If an Indian tribe, worked through every one of the bureaucratic process with all the Bureau of Indian Affairs and could build an internet casino in downtown Enid, will you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos throughout the state, you most likely run into others you know from Enid, partaking inside recreation provided by the casinos. These are the same people that have left our town and so are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping with the stores, eating at the restaurants, and staying in the hotels inside area.
A brief history:
The capacity to run bingo games was among the many concessions built to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person created a bingo game that seemed like a slot machine game. We have all seen the small digital bingo card in the top corner in the display screen of the slot machine game. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos did start to spring up everywhere. After all, you had been still playing bingo, just in a very new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact involving the tribes and the State of Oklahoma allowed the usage of Vegas style slots, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and much better casinos were built and so are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino could only be built within historic tribal boundaries and then placed inside a trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid has no casino, would be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it absolutely was found, that prior to Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part of the Cherokee Outlet, occupied from the Cherokee people following Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the location was a hunting ground from the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us being within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive facets of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are taken to operate tribal governments and programs for its citizens. In addition, a portion from the revenue is split with all the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes use the revenues to enhance infrastructure.
3. Related attractions are built.
4. Jobs are set up.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found that over 80 percent from the visitors to casinos were thinking about also doing something besides gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions such as family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian entrepreneurs.
10. Casinos give you a magnet for outside money that didn't previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside of the click here area now stays within the location.
12. More construction jobs are made building casinos.
13. Gambling is an accepted method for governments to improve funds. It is seen as an source of money that is easier to obtain because it is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the subsequent businesses showed an boost in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited often
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative elements of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge about how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes an addiction.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time spent on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amounts of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes may also be influencing gambling as well as other policies affecting Native Americans by handing quite a bit to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is definitely an increase inside the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is termed an action addiction. When gambling, those hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more regularly, it leads to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so it takes more gambling far better stakes, to get the equal high. Recent studies show that video slot gambling illuminates the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an online casino were to petition to come to downtown Enid, an amount be your opinion? Do you think it might enhance our community or bring social problems organic beef not want to handle?